How to sew the new Cicadella dress version
For this very easy adaptation of the pattern of the Cicadella blouse, I made the following transformations:
- I added 1cm to the sides of the back and front side pattern pieces to have a comfortable fit on the hips
- All pattern pieces are lengthened by 30 cm. I wanted a slightly straight, mini dress, for a very Swinging London look, worn with high boots and my long black officer-style Tigris coat. Of course, if you want a length beyond mid-thigh length you can lengthen your pieces even further.
In this new easy sewing tutorial, I cover all the steps: overview of the pattern, presentation of the pattern, how to lengthen the pieces, the French seam technique and of course all the detailed assembly steps.
After the first video which details the assembly of the advanced level version of Cicadella (with long sleeves, buttoned cuffs, lined lace), for this new tutorial I wanted to present the most accessible version: unlined, sleeve version at the elbow, with a clean neckline (the pieces are already included in the pattern). Everything is there to learn how to sew your first A-line dress, as always with a perfect finish.
Supplies: Fabric in a width of 140cm
- 34-42 (6-14): 200 cm fabric and 130 cm lining
- 44-48 (16-20): 220 cm fabric et 150 cm lining
- 50-52 (22-24): 240 cm fabric et 160 cm lining
Cicadella is definitely a marvel of versatility, and I can't wait to discover your versions of this beautiful pattern.
Have a beautiful day!